St Joseph’s is surrounded by a picturesque, bush land setting on several hectares of carefully maintained park-like grounds. We are blessed at the school to have wide open spaces for the students to play and interact with their peers.
The school is built with a very modern aspect with technology embraced in all aspects of the school. Some of the main features of St Joseph’s include:
- 17 air conditioned classrooms all with electronic Smartboards
- Computer lab containing 32 laptops
- Large modern library
- Large undercover area with seating for all students plus colourful paintings for students to play games such as chess, snakes and ladders, and twister
- Modern hall featuring stage, lighting, sound system, data projector with screen, dressing rooms with toilets, seating for approximately 400 people
- Learning Support Room – featuring computers and learning spaces for intervention programs, kitchen facilities, and a huge arrangement of games and toys for lunch time games club
- Guyiwi Room – Aboriginal resource room featuring aboriginal artefacts and teaching resources, computer access and learning spaces for small group work
- Canteen – award winning canteen which is open everyday for lunches and snacks. Students can order lunches at school or using an online ordering system flexischools.com.au. See our Canteen details or For the latest canteen menu and prices please see our Download Centre.
- Open fields – full size soccer and football fields, 3 netball courts, 2 basketball/mutli-purpose courts
- Undercover adventure playground for infant students
- Vegetable Gardens and a chicken pen
- Aboriginal bush tucker garden and outdoor learning space
At St Joseph’s we do have community groups (such as the CWA – Country Women’s Association) use some of our facilities for meetings or events. Please contact the school if you are interested in hiring or using our facilities.